This page will walk you through an example format for official governance proposals at the BZCDAO. It should not be seen as a definitive template and will be constantly evolving but used as a guideline of possible things to consider for an official proposal.
- Title – Post each proposal with a clear title around its objective. This will look as follows: [Proposal] – XXXXXX.
- Ordering – Please do not assign a number to your proposal. The ordering of the proposal will be assigned by moderators according to the numbering of the DAO.
- Detail – While we encourage everyone to participate, please try to consider all viewpoints and provide a deep level of detail regarding the thoughts that went into a proposal.
- Voting – Not every proposal will be ratified by it’s sponsoring committee. There is no hard criteria regarding what deems a proposal eligible to be implemented, though a good rule of thumb is the more engagement it has, the more likely it is to be incorporated.
- Ethos – The goal of governance is to create a more inclusive and empowering system for all stakeholders. We encourage proposal creators to center their ideas around how a proposal helps promote the BZC community and enroll new members, attracts partners or improves the DAO for all members and how the suggestions benefit the ecosystem in the long-term. Tokenomics is critical to implenentation. Any proposals that impact tokenomics must have a thorough analysis of how the impact will affect the token price, floor prices and volume of each collection and the overall value of the project.
When you’re ready to submit a proposal, please follow this format to the best of your ability.
BZCDAO Proposal Format (no funding):
- Summary – 3-4 sentences on what the proposal is about and what changes are being suggested without going into deep detail.
- Abstract – Expanded summary introducing the proposal, what it entails and details around what would change should the proposal be implemented.
- Motivation – Describe the motivation behind the proposal, the problem(s) it solves and the value it adds. This is your chance to show why this proposal is necessary, and how the changes would benefit the BZC community if implemented.
- Specification – ‘The devil is in the detail’. This is your chance to go into deep detail around the changes that will happen both on a technical, financial and social level. The more detail, the better.
- Benefits – Point out core benefits of the proposal implementation and how it will affect the DAO. Be specific with the prospective inpact on user numbers, sales, etc.
- Drawbacks – Highlight any drawbacks from implementing the proposal and points to consider.
- Vote – Clearly outline what voting “For” and “Against” entails. Please also include a forum poll directly under this post, so members of the DAO can see the general sentiment towards it, especially if you did not create a sentiment check beforehand.
When mapping out a vote, remember the following:
For – Formalizes the DAO is “for” the details outlined in this proposal including all made points.
Against – Formalizes the DAO is “against” the proposal including all made points.
All proposals shall be checked against Tokenomics and/or Treasury to determine impact.
For Projects that Request $BZC Funding
Please use this template. While it includes all of the above there are more considerations:
Title: [CONCISE TITLE – KEEP CLEAN & NO PROPOSAL NUMBERS]
Authors: [DISCORD HANDLES w ID]
Squad: [DISCORD HANDLES & SPECIFY CHAMPION]
Date Created: [ADD CREATED DATE]
Date Posted: [ADD DATED POSTED TO DISCOURSE]
Sum up this proposal in a few bullet points or sentences.
Why are you making this proposal? What problem or opportunity does this proposal target? What are the driving factors behind why you think this is a good idea?
How does this project help the DAO achieve its mission and align with it’s values?
What is within scope for this proposal? What objectives, goals, features, and executables do you propose achieving with this proposal?
Do your best to be realistic in expectations and tie your funding ask to what is achievable with that amount of money. You can always ask for more funding in the future as your idea continues to progress to furthering degrees of complexity. Start with the MVP, then V1, V2, and so on.
Explain the project in detail. You’re expected to have done your homework and the more exact numbers and implementation details, the more likely the proposal will be approved. Include squad details, including any positions that have yet to be filled (e.g., you need to add someone from the dev guild to the squad).
You can get creative with the formatting of this section. For example, feel free to break it up into multiple specifications, include a project plan, or explain how the project will achieve its objectives in some other way.
Include details about funding requirements. You must include a detailed breakdown that explains how the funds will be allocated. Funding will not be approved for proposals without a funding breakdown. This is where the squad can request rewards for their expected contributions to the project, including any work done to scope the project and create the proposal.
This section only needs to be completed for projects that are requesting funding. If you are requesting seasonal funding, add a “Requesting Season [season #] Funding” tag to the project on the DAO project page prior to the snapshot vote for the seasonal projects.
If the project will use the Billionaire Zombies Club DAO brand outside the DAO, explain in detail how the brand will be used and add a “BZC Brand” tag to the project.
How will the project’s success be measured?
Immediate action items, should this proposal be accepted
Who you are & disclose your interests with making the proposal
Add a poll with a clear for or against position (e.g., Approve/Reject or Yes/No). You can include a “support direction but needs improvement” option, but that will be counted as a Reject/No vote for any funding purposes.
Include links to any other polls that have been conducted, such as discord polls to gauge support.